Friday, April 27, 2007

This is my year to...

I keep thinking about the above phrase because of one of the bios in the Shadow Play program. This very cool woman in the cast named Sue Blue (which is a pretty cool name, too) wrote at the end of hers: "This is my year to listen." Which has kind of stuck in my brain because I think it's great to have a year of listening, and also it made me wonder: what is this year for me? I think that this should be my year to learn.
I want to get back to playing and practicing more; to learn my craft & be a better artist.
I want to learn to let go of anger and resentment and fear, which are all holding me back.
I want to learn mental discipline, which will help me achieve my health and musical goals.
Since I have no theatre jobs lined up after the Enderby gig, it would be a most excellent time to start focusing on music again- I've been hardly playing this year because I've been too wrapped up in getting other people to play and sing and perform. I would like to spend some time on MY performance skills for a change! So let's see if I can get learning this year!

The shadow show has 3 more performances (including tonight's). I would so like to have a perfect show before the end of the run. So far I've screwed up something every night! There are quite a few tasks I have to perform during the show, but still... it would be great if I could pull them all off perfectly tonight! Last night I pre-set some things wrong and kind of messed up a scene because of it. Even after double-checking things twice! Guess I'm not as organised as I like to think! Mom & Magda (from Toronto) are coming tonight. Mom was the original SM for this show in its earlier incarnation, and also the SM for the original downtown eastside show 5 or 6 years ago. So she'll probably get mobbed tonight as the cast love her!

No comments: