I'm battling my own symptoms (nothing worse than achy bones, sore throat and a stuffy nose, thank the gods) with a drink so potent it could singlehandedly be the cure for the common cold- and so easy to make:
- cut up some ginger and throw it in a pan of boiling water
- after the water has absorbed the gingery goodness, ladle a cup of it into a glass or mug.
- Add the juice and pulp of 1 lemon, and spoon in a generous dollop of honey.
- If you need extra kick, add a sprinkling of cayenne pepper and a clove of garlic, smashed or sliced. Make sure you eat the garlic as you take sips of the Potion.
- If it's night-time, feel free to also add whiskey, rum or brandy if you want a deep and lovely slumber.
I'd take a picture of the Potion, in all its golden splendor but- whoops- I just finished it!