Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yesterday was a blur of caroling, old school-friends, and a Chinese-Ukrainian concert where haunting erhus mingled with french horns and I sang my first ever song in Mandarin Chinese. Of course, I was taking pictures all night, and the photographer seldom turns up in pictures, so... you'll have to take my word for it that I was there. All this singing about winter has suddenly brought it on with a vengeance, and after my concert last night, J & I ventured down the Drive to by a sizzling hot pizza from Pizza Garden and I captured this: A whirl of snow came down last night, and still covers everything today and I know it's an inconvenience to drivers everywhere but I love it. The first snowfall, especially in a city that gets so little snow, is pure magic to me.

We're getting close to Christmas now, and although I don't really want the blur of jobcarolingconcertsschool to end, if anything it gets more intense this week, because I'm adding dogsitting into the mix. Which means that Christmas will be on top of me before I know it. And to be brutally honest, I've yet to buy one single present. And this just hit me as I typed that sentence: 10 days 'til Christmas, plus every day and night full equals PANIC!

Take a deep breath. Remember the beauty of Christmas and snow. Don't get sucked into the buybuybuy frenzy. In the big picture, it is the spirit of Christmas that matter, not the presents. See below: Ahhh.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love that last photo ;)