Saturday, August 25, 2007

walking on the moon

It's amazing how evocative songs can be. I'm listening to the above-mentioned Police track as I type, and it will forever remind me of rainy days when I was 18 and living away from home for the first time, renting a room at Lin's house and working at Blackberry Books. Spent a lot of time in my bedroom (the one place I truly felt comfortable in that house) listening to music, especially a Police best-of CD. This song is still one of my favorite pop songs ever.
In other news, the Cleanse is going well at last. J & I have both lost weight, and the cravings have decidedly diminished. 2 more days, after today. I'm going to try and stick to the eating plan as much as possible, because it works really well for health and weight loss. But I'm going to have a few sugary treats on my birthday, for certain! 33 in 4 days...

No comments: