Monday, June 16, 2008

sweet summer

In the midst of rehearsals and auditions this week, sunny days (finally) and late nights. A few days ago J and I came home from a Back Kitchen rehearsal about 7 o'clock; J had plans to do some video editing, I was going to walk down the Drive to a girlfriend's place and enjoy the evening sun. Instead we made the fatal mistake of lying down on the couch...just for a second. Well- that second felt so good we moved to the bedroom, and woke up 3 hours later at 10:30pm! Then we made the even bigger mistake of getting up, which sent our body clocks into a spiral of destruction. When I tried to get back to sleep at midnight my body would have none of it; it was 3am before I could rest. And I had to get up at 8:15 and go to a busy day at Kites & Puppets- yay.

I'm swingin' between bad habits (smoking- eugh! and eating cheesy bready things) and good moves (running home from work, long walks). Getting into the groove of rehearsals and, after the usual uncertainties, finding useful things to do and say to the cast. As much as I miss performing when I'm just in Music Director mode, there is the pleasure of being able to sit there and listen to their performance and say I helped to make this happen. Which is not as easy when you're in the show, you don't get that outsider perspective. Also much easy to be nitpicky when I just have to listen hard instead of playing and singing as well.

And now, on another note...
I don't get tagged for "memes" yet (because only 2.7 people read this blog) so I've cut-and-pasted this list from a blog that I read because I thought it'd be fun to do. (I've changed the answers, of course.) So here's a little more about me:

In One Word

1. Where is your cell phone? Dunno
2. Your significant other? fantastic
3. Your hair? uncooperative
4. Your skin? combination
5. Your mother? eccentric
6. Your favorite thing? livin'
7. Your dream last night? unmemorable
8. Your favorite drink? tea
9. Your dream/goal? success
10. The room you're in? messy
11. Your ex? hmmm
12. Your fear? failure
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? further
14. Where were you last night? home
15. What you're not? consistant
16. Muffins? moist
17. One of your wish list items? cat
18. Where you grew up? Toronto
19. The last thing you did? rehearsal
20. What are you wearing? stuff
21. Your TV? neglected
22. Your pets? fishies
23. Your computer? addictive
24. Your life? interesting
25. Your mood? pleased
26. Missing someone? girlfriends
27. Your car? his
28. Something you are not wearing? bikini
29. Favorite store? clothing
30. Summer? anytime
31. Where? away
32. Like someone? maaaaybe
33. Your favorite color? teal
34. When is the last time you laughed? today
35. Last time you cried? movie

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That was fun to read A !!
I've been enjoying your blog- we live very different lives...It's always neat to check out what you're up to.
;)