Monday, November 12, 2007

Life, post-work

It's a holiday today- the Monday after Remembrance Day, and I'm sitting in my pj's at 12:15 (in the afternoon), typing away as the wind plays havoc with trees, balcony furniture and birds outside. Global warming seems to have brought fierce windstorms to our part of the world over the last few years.
My body, having realized that my stress-filled job is over, decided to have a little breakdown, so I am nursing a lusty cough that rattles around in my chest, and a persistent, itchy little infection down there... well, let's just say that I won't be gettin' any for awhile, unless J is attracted to hacking, itchy women. I need to marshal my strength, for I will be babysitting my 2-year-old friend tomorrow, and he needs a lot of watching, having realized that spontaneously running away, down the street, into traffic, gets him lots of attention. But today is mine, and it's already slipping away (the dangers of sleeping in!) so I'm going to get dressed and brave the winds for a while, maybe visit a neighbourhood I haven't been to in a while, maybe even bring my camera.
I tell ya, if I had some money to go with this lazy lifestyle, things would be just about perfect and I'd never work again...

No comments: