Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oh my.
It's been a while, hasn't it? And I can't write lots now, because it's 1am and I needneedNEED to go to bed. But I feel compelled to post a quick update here...

I have a cold which is turning into a chesty infection-y thing right now. So does J. So we stumble through our work days like tired little zombies, not really getting anything like the maximum enjoyment out of life. But in a week and a half we're supposed to be heading to Portland for a quick vacay before I leave town. Oh, and it's raining every. freaking. day. here in Lotusland. Which I suppose is our penalty for not having long snowy winters, but please. I would rather have those any day. This rain is killing me slowly. I spent the day at my new job clad in a hat, fingerless gloves and a woolly cardigan, and I was STILL cold.

My naturopath put me on a healthy diet which prevents me from eating wheat, soy, dairy, sugar, corn and eggs. Okay, I cheated on the sugar a bit, because I'm still drinking. The first week, I thought I would lose my mind but now I kind of like it. I've lost some weight, too. Oh, and I'm working out 2-3 times a week and loving it! I never thought that would be possible.

I'm leaving for Barkerville in a month-and-a-half. I can't believe it's coming up so soon. And I'll be up there almost five months this time.

Sorry for the boring update, but I'm tired. More (and better written) updates soon...

No comments: